Large landscapes can use an extensive amount of water for irrigation. The SFPUC is committed to improving and maintaining outdoor spaces in the City in a resource-efficient manner. Through the following programs your site could receive free technical assistance to evaluate the efficiency of your system and financial incentives for implementing water-saving improvements and increasing your landscape's water efficiency.
Landscape Technical Assistance Program
Through our Landscape Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), the SFPUC can help retail water users with a half-acre or more of landscape area identify water saving opportunities that can improve irrigation efficiency, reduce water use, and save money. By participating in LTAP, your site will receive a site evaluation conducted by our expert landscape architect and irrigation designer, as well as a customized site report including:
- Summary of existing irrigation system operating conditions and assessment of landscape plantings
- Recommend landscape planting modifications for replacing high water use plants with alternative low water use species
- Prioritized recommendations that improve irrigation efficiency and plant health
- Estimate of potential annual water and cost savings
- Cost estimate for implementing recommendations
- Site-specific water budget and maintenance guide
To receive an LTAP evaluation for your site, please complete the following application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Large Landscape Grant Program
The upcoming application cycle for the 2018-2019 Large Landscape Grant Program (LLGP) is planned for summer 2018. Please check back for program updates and details on how to apply for the next cycle of funding. If you have questions about the LLGP process, contact us at email@example.com.